Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bird Tale 01

Zoo decided to hold the docents AGM in Jurong Bird Park… which is the only reason why I attended because it has been ages since I last stepped in JBP.

Supposedly meet 9am for the free breakfast (The Early Bird Breakfast) except that day seems particularly busy because it is the last weekend for those to endorse free JBP tickets. So we waited and waited… drinking finish our tea… for this pretty salty bread cum ham breakfast


Oh well one should never complain about free food. Then we headed to Tree Tops @ Flamingo Lake for our AGM which drone on and on…


End up we did not get to tour around the Discovery Centre (Mini-museum) which is said to hold the world’s largest egg, unearth the secrets of nest making and learn about feathers and flights. So disappointed. And to save time (I think), we kept taking the panorail

Shuttling 3 places:
• Main Station, near the entrance and amphitheatre
• Lory Station, near the Lory Loft
• Waterfall Station, near the Waterfall Aviary and Jurong Falls

We took from the Main Station to the Lory Station to feed the lories. Oh and I finally understood why my ex-colleague told me to take an umbrella… it is indeed danger zone. We were given special nectar mixture to entice the lories to come close to us. I think the lories are overfed that day though with the throngs of visitors.


After that, is the Lunch cum BirdPark challenge.
First stop was the Penguin Expedition to visit the penguins.


Then to Dinosaur Descendant where we were running round to find

Oscar!

The lovely Male Ostrich haha.



I felt the cassowary looks more like dino descendant because of the casque on its head.

Back to Flamingo Lake to take photo of the origami pelican (I made it!) kissing another pelican…


Last stop: WATERFALL! (African Waterfall Aviary)
It is the landmark of JBP so cannot miss. Considering I miss a lot of attractions already… so sad =(
Saw a lot of superb starling. My friend took a very lovely picture of the starling with the waterfall but I decided not to include in this blog. (Let her blog it herself =D )


Then we made our way to Fuji Hawk Walk to catch the Kings of the Skies Show. You get to see lots of birds. I particularly like the Secretary Bird.



After that we had a debrief.. then is home sweet home after a tiring day.

2 comments: