Sunday, March 01, 2009

SZ Tale 16

Hot and humid weather!


Haha almost thought I was in Bird Park after yesterday running up and down, seeing only birds...  A visitor did ask what birds are those but I could not reply.  Then did my morning tour in the biodome.  It was rather misty this morning and I quite like the effect it had on this mini stream.



Anyway arrived bright and early to clean up the glass panel and notice board. A fellow docent donated his butterfly poster (Painted Wings of Singapore).. YEAH!

One of the interesting encounter was by this Mexican about them tying a string to a cicada and letting it fly. Imagine kite-flying, except this is cicada-flying. Hmm…

Met an ex-colleague so did a biodome tour for him. Saw the ring-tailed lemurs kept running up and down the deck that visitors commented they don’t seem afraid of human. Some tourists even tried to strike a pose of “touching” the lemurs. RISKY! Previously there had been an incident of a lemur scratching a visitor already.. hmm..


Anyway after that did a part 2 tour in Pasir Ris Mangrove with the fellow docent haha. And I saw a malayan monitor lizard and crabs!! Something I never saw in my morning jog at all. Caught some butterflies too … Seen a different side of the mangrove.

No comments: