Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Sea Turtle Adventure

Adapted from Siam Ocean World's 3D Sea Turtle Experience

"I want story! I want story!" The lil' turtle was tugging grandpa's shell and begging for a story.

"Alright alright, I will tell you an old story.. About how grandpa almost couldn't live to such ripe old age.." The elderly turtle finally relented to his grandson's request.

I had came from a very beautiful hometown. Beautiful corals, clear blue water, lovely sandy ground and colourful fishes as dance companion. I used to sing and dance with my friend, The Octopus.

One day, while we were in the midst of our happy time, suddenly the water turned blackish, the fishes started to swimmed away. The Octopus advised me to leave our hometown. But I refused.. initially. The situation got blacker and blacker and The Octopus forced me to pack up and go.

So I left my hometown of many years with a heavy heart. As I took a last look of my hometown polluted by oil, I wondered why would someone bear to make this place dirty.

This journey opened my eyes and brought me to many places. Places where I see human dirtying the sea. Places where I see human cleaning up the waters. Humans.. I really cannot fathom what they are thinking.

Which reminds me of an occassion where I was saved by human... accidentally. I was caught by an egret and carried all the way up to its nest high up the tree. I thought that would be the end of me too. Ironically the humans were deforesting that area and chop that very tree down. I fell back into the sea and quickly swam away.

Another occassion where I seen human's evil intentions was when I had just befriended a whale. As I drifted alongside with her, chit chatting under the sun, suddenly something flew past my shell. An arrow! The human were trying to shoot the whale down. My whale friend immediately dive into the sea instinctively. And I had no choice but to swim as fast as I could; away from the human.

That was my last close encounter with human. After that I found this haven and set up my family which now comprise of you guys. And I pray everyday sincerely that the human will never find this safe haven.

Lil' turtle had a sleepy grin after hearing grandpa's life story. As he tried to made his way back to bed, he had once again fumble. He had just started learning how to walk afterall. Grandpa kindly supported him and recounted that in life, the first step is always the hardest. But without it, goals will never be accomplished and miracles will never happen.

No comments: