Friday, February 24, 2006

Author's Note

Grass Tales was an idea I conceptualised after I graduate from university. That was in 2004. 2 years have passed and I'm ashamed to say that this idea is still in infancy stage.

In 2004, I had thought of coming up a comics. To enact the stories that the grasses encounter in their short life span. I only got as far as drawing the characters - A Mr. G & a Ms. G. The storylines are still in my brain, but I am unable to draw them out. People says a picture speaks a thousands words, in this case, the picture I wishes to draw speaks an idea so strong that I am incapable of illustrating it.

Thus I shelved this idea away, and got busy with my working life. Till Jan 2006, when I bought a new handphone. A 2 megapix camera handphone. Then I told myself, now I have a pocket camera which can take pictures as and when I wish to. And this Grass Tales of mine could have a new life. As I am nearing Feb 2006, I finally took a few pictures. The grasses epict in these pictures all have a sad story to share with.

While I tell you the stories, there are many other pictures that lies deeply etched in my memory, waiting to have their stories told to...

No comments: